Rules & Regulations
Waters Closed to Netting (eg Cast Nets)
Hervey Bay: From the eastern tip of Point Vernon to the seaward end of the Scarness Jetty to the seaward end of the Urangan Pier to the seaward end of the rock wall of the Urangan Boat Harbour then west to the mainland shore.
Coral reef fin fish
Coral reef fin fish closure dates for 2019 to 2023 are:
2019 25 to 29 October & 24 to 28 November
2020 14 to 18 October & 12 to 16 November
2021 3 to 7 October & 2 to 6 November
2022 22 to 26 October & 21 to 25 November
2023 12 to 16 October & 10 to 14 November
Tidal waters within the following boundary are closed waters for coral reef fin fish:
- from the northern tip of Cape York along latitude 10°41' south
- to longitude 145° east
- to latitude 13° south, longitude 145° east
- to latitude 15° south, longitude 146° east
- to latitude 17°30' south, longitude 147° east
- to latitude 21° south, longitude 152°55' east
- to latitude 24°30' south, longitude 154° east
- to latitude 24°50' south, longitude 154° east along latitude 24°50' south to the mainland shore along the shore to the northern tip of Cape York at latitude 10°41' south.
Throughout Queensland a closed season (regulated period) applies to spanner crabs from midnight 20 November to midnight 20 December inclusive.